General Content

General Content
The weathervane above the school clock, named Old Sir after former Headmaster, Maurice Saunders

The weathervane above the school clock, named Old Sir after former Headmaster, Maurice Saunders

St Christopher's School was established in Sackville Road in Hove in 1927, moving to New Church Road and its current site in 1944.  By the 1950s, the School began to expand its numbers from 70 to 120, at which time its reputation for academic and sporting excellence became established.  In 1961, St Christopher's pupils won every one of the ten scholarships awarded by Brighton College.

Julian Withers succeeded Chris Wheeler as Headmaster in September 2013, having served as a History teacher and Housemaster at Brighton College. He is married to Alison and has two children, Georgina and Oliver. Mr Withers is wholly committed to the broad education of every child. He places the nurturing of kindness, curiosity and confidence at the heart of the school's mission, while remaining fully committed to the traditional values of the school, so embodied in the red blazer and the motto, 'altiora peto'.

Today, as part of the Brighton College family of schools, St Christopher's continues to enjoy its long held reputation for academic excellence, for first rate sport and for a fine tradition in the creative and performing arts. St Christopher's is a modern and forward looking school, but a St Christopher's education in the 21st Century is still very much defined by the pursuit of higher things which its motto suggests.

More News