The week began with a Pride Month Assembly, celebrating the diversity of our school, city, and the wider world. The key messages, graspable even by our very youngest, were of inclusion, diversity and respect. There will be more coverage of Pride Month events over the next few weeks.
As you will see from this edition of the Newsletter, we have come to the end of a gloriously sunny Trips Week, with the school often feeling very empty and creating peace and quiet for the Year 8s sitting their final Common Entrance exams. I can’t possibly mention everywhere St Christopher’s children have been this week in one paragraph, so see for yourself! Those who were out all day yesterday or this morning will find their adventures in next week’s Newsletter. Next week will also feature the Year 7 French Trip, which arrives back this afternoon.
We turn now to the end of term, which is now fewer than three weeks away! We have a huge amount to fit in before then, and lots of time for fun and celebration. There are several dates to note for you diary:
- Piano Recital – Tuesday 13th June at 4.30pm for Pre-Prep and 5.30pm for Prep. Parents of performers are invited to join us al fresco in the Back Court for this event, showcasing performers from across the school. Parents of performers have been notified.
- Pre-Prep Sports Day – Thursday 15th June at 1.30pm. All Pre-Prep parents are warmly invited to this event at Glebe Villas, with the children taking part in different events and activities across the afternoon.
- Sports Day – Saturday 17th June at 10.30am. All are welcome at our main school Sports Day at Glebe Villas, with Years 4 to 8 competing in track and field events in the morning, followed by speeches. Please bring a picnic lunch; the Parents’ Association will be running a bar for refreshments. Please note that dogs are not allowed at our Glebe Villas site for either Sports Day event.
- Sponsored Walk on Hove Seafront – Tuesday 20th June from 2pm A letter will be going out about timings for different year groups for this event. Please encourage your family and friends to sponsor your child for taking part; all money raised goes to the four House charities, and fundraising is entirely online again this year. JustGiving links will be in the forthcoming letter. Parents are welcome to join us along the route, with all canine members of the family on leads, please. The start and finish is by the beach huts to the east of Rockwater.
- Summer Concert & Art Exhibition – Friday 23rd June at 7.00pm. A letter has gone out about this, and parents of those performing will be given first priority for seating.
- Fame – The Musical at The Barn Theatre, Southwick, Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th June at 7:00pm. Tickets are nearly sold out for Thursday, but still available for Wednesday.
- Leavers’ Prizegiving and Valetes – Friday 30th June at 10.30am. Parents of our Year 8 Leavers are invited to drinks, followed by the Final Assembly for the St Christopher’s Class of 2023.
I hope to see as many of you as possible at these events over the coming weeks. Last of all, I would like to wish Year 8 a glorious weekend in Dorset now their exams are finally all over. Work is done, and it’s time for lots of fun – you have earned it!
Ms Elizabeth Lyle, Head